WTF People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News: Google Is Already Using SOPA Like Censorship

3 posters

Go down

News: Google Is Already Using SOPA Like Censorship Empty News: Google Is Already Using SOPA Like Censorship

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:51 pm

http://www.infowars.com/google-is-already-using-sopa-like-censorship/

It appears that Google has already been censoring web sites.

"Google-owned You Tube has complied with thousands of requests worldwide to remove political protest videos that are clearly not in violation of any copyright or national security interests and do not constitute defamation."

"The number of takedown orders received by Google from authorities based in the United States rose dramatically over the past year, with demands to remove information increasing by 70 per cent. Google complied in removing the material in 63% of the cases."

"Google News is a content aggregator that allows users to search thousands of news sources for relevant stories. Although the aggregator includes a plethora of obscure, occasionally offensive, and barely-read websites, in November 2010 Google took the decision to de-list PrisonPlanet.com and Infowars.com [the source of this article] from its indexed news sources."

"Infowars.com alone is an internationally recognized news website that gets more traffic than MSNBC.com and innumerable other big mainstream news websites."

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

News: Google Is Already Using SOPA Like Censorship Empty Re: News: Google Is Already Using SOPA Like Censorship

Post  Admin Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Id like to know where they got that 70% stat---

but trust me they don't have time to monitor millions of videos---most of the ones taken down are due to algorthms that connect complaints + copyright complaints to removing a video----theres probably IP's that can automatically remove them, such as the government--- but it doesn't really matter..youtube is THEIRS they can do w/e they want----

Admin
Admin

https://wtfp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

News: Google Is Already Using SOPA Like Censorship Empty Re: News: Google Is Already Using SOPA Like Censorship

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Yes, they can censor whatever they wish--it's their website. But the point is that there is a bias here, for whatever reason, information is not being presented fairly. And it just so happens that the information being censored is of an anti-establishment nature.

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:16 pm

I wonder if money/power are pulling some Google strings to get them to do that...we'll prob. never know

I'm jsut pissed at youtube being copyright whores and blocking/deleting some of my accounts for using UFC copyright pics/videos...if anything, I'm promoting their brand...pisses me off

Heavy Fucking Metal Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down