WTF People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikipedia shut down - internet censorship

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wikipedia shut down - internet censorship Empty Wikipedia shut down - internet censorship

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 am

http://news.yahoo.com/wikipedia-editors-sites-planned-blackout-225904304.html

I post this due to the syncronicity of what I read last night and have been reading - but that's irrelevent to you all - just another act of the "power" trying last minute ditch efforts to control the masses with these censorship bills

Heavy Fucking Metal Devin

Back to top Go down

Wikipedia shut down - internet censorship Empty Re: Wikipedia shut down - internet censorship

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:25 pm

yeah this bill is bullshit!

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Wikipedia shut down - internet censorship Empty Re: Wikipedia shut down - internet censorship

Post  Admin Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:57 pm

sign the protests please--- ive never protested..but if it passes i may buy some beer and join the hippies for a few days

Admin
Admin

https://wtfp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:55 pm

I've never really protested before either....unless you count me boycotting Old Navy due to the horrendously awful commercials they released years ago with the overly fake people dancing....haven't stepped into an Old Navy since.

I wish I could boycott not being sensored....havent figured it out yet though.

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:58 am

a good brief explanation of the SOPA anti piracy laws

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/sopa-pipa-explained-224145972.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:53 am

Do everything you can to stop these bills--spread the word, speak out--but if they do pass, things are going to get very chaotic very fast.

The critical breaking point is very near on the horizon. It could literally be weeks or days from now--things are escalating at an unprecedented rate.

We half joke about meeting up at a location when shit hits the fan, but I think the discussion should start taking on a more sincere tone. My phone number is (908) 797-1873. If lines of communication are so crippled through the internet, hopefully we will still be able to coordinate by phone.

Consider stocking up on some supplies. Water is essential, extra gas would be smart. Better safe than sorry. cyclops

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperAdmin Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:25 am

How many weeks are you thinking? You seem confident about this, where are you getting your info or signs that something is going to happen?

I'm asking that because it seems like there is always someone saying something is about to happen but it doesn't.

SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:56 pm

im with you randi--all my eggs in the basket for this year--hence our Apocalypse preparation --at this point its more why not prepare? don't want to be the idiot that didn't listen..no harm in being prepared....but if it doesn't happen... im out of the end of the world game---

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:03 pm

As vague as this is: The answer is around you-- follow the synchronicities and meaningful messages in your life. When the shift switches from "observing" this information to "accepting" a message you will find the answers you need.

I can't tell you how many sources continue to tell me "get ready," because it has reached a point of ridiculous proportion. These warnings have been coming from unlikely sources, people and information that I would not consider "paranoid."

So, I made the decision to plan ahead. Given that so much has been warning me, I would feel pretty silly if I didn't take some sort of action and end up regretting it.

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm not embarrassed to admit that earlier this week I bought four 5 gallon gas containers and filled them up at the pump-- they are sitting in my basement, along with over 20 gallons of water. I also have 12 Ball jars that I am looking to use to preserve some food. Idea

Now, I can relax! cheers

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperAdmin Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Haha

Are you feeling like whatever we need to be ready for will be a bad thing? Is it possible that we should prepare for a good change? That seems almost ridiculously optimistic now that I've typed it out.

SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:20 pm

I am totally optimistic, but I foresee a period of chaos. That's why I want to be prepared, so I can focus on helping others instead of worrying about myself.

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Randi...my video game training has prepared me for this... its going to be the most fun ive had if its chaos... if its not chaos i mean i guess thats cool too... as long as something happens this year...again otherwise im out of preparing for the end of days

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 pm

If society breaks down, violence is not the answer--if that's what you're implying. We will finally have a chance to create a new way of life. Let's not start it with bloodshed.

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:00 pm

I dont think its possible to have a change for the better without a period of chaos. People don't like change...and society as a whole is set on a path so engrained in everyday life that any change to this will surely result in chaos.

There was a fantastic show on the history channel called Profits of Doom....it's on youtube so look it up. I would but youtube is blocked for me at work.....but its essentially a group of about 6 people all with different theories of mankinds most fragile aspect....ie....what will lead to the mass devistation. One man's theory was the shortage of clean water..anothers was oil....anothers was the theory of AI taking over...etc etc. Very interesting and worth the watch. But after seeing that the notion of grabbing a few extra supplies doesn't seem so crazy.

I've grabbed extra rice when at the store since rice and peanut butter are pretty much the survival food...but not nearly enough to outlast a transition period of chaos....more or less enough to hide and and postpone the inevitable.

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

it's probably not a bad idea to read up on outdoors survival (or really just how to create a structure and how to build a fire would be your best two)...since if shit hits the fan...the best way to survive the chaos from fellow man...is to avoid it altogether. I'll be grabbing my peanut butter and rice and venturing into the bush...grab a chill spot next to a fresh river...and sing songs of merriment while the world burns.

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I have a ton of lighters and matches..so I'm good with fire. I guess I'll make the step and scare Melda by buying storage water, beer, fluff, and chip cham sandwiches

I saw that show on discovery channel before...tis interesting

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Drifter Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 pm

I don't know what chip cham sandwiches are, but I have a feeling I might regret not having them when the world ends.

Last edited by Master Drifter on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Chip Cham Sandwiches are the only thing that can sustain physical and spiritual life - unfortunately they are only available from a small honky tonk hick town called Reynoldsville, PA - I'll see if I can find an alternative

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:39 pm

ya i was thinking..and i know this will probably get vetoed quickly..but CJ's farm may not be the best rendevous point--i say we go south...no way well know how to survive winter we have no experience...lets stay where its warm i say...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 am

hmm...i do like the warmth...but cjs farm has crops and lots of guns

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Hmm CJ's farm would be a good spot to reach initially....and hope shit hits the fan in May. Then you can plot out a path south to a fresh water source.

Chip Cham Sandwhiches contain all the nutrition a body needs. It's pretty much an MRE packed into one sandwhich

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:24 pm

new article i just saw on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/business/megaupload-shutdown/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

This whole censoring the internet movement the government is involved in has no good endings imo. Except of course them stepping down their movement to control what sites its citizens view.

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Drifter Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Mark my words-- the internet will be censored on a grand scale with or without this bill.

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 pm

hackers will be the free peoples best friends when it does...but even then... how do you stop the bully of all bullies?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next