WTF People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its not my fault..im the victim of video games

4 posters

Go down

Its not my fault..im the victim of video games Empty Its not my fault..im the victim of video games

Post  Admin Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:33 pm

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/282400/20120116/internet-addiction-alters-brain-similar-alcohol-gambling.htm

article is such shit---says video game addiction changes your brain like other addictions----

there's no such thing as addiction--just excuses

Admin
Admin

https://wtfp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Its not my fault..im the victim of video games Empty Re: Its not my fault..im the victim of video games

Post  LabRatIan Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:38 pm

There are addictions but if you want to break one that's just a will power issue. If you don't believe in addiction do a 3 day juicing diet and see how for the first 48 hrs your mind tries to convince you to eat the poisonous foods you are addicted to now. If you think a McDonald's big Mac looks good now you have no idea. It's like being in the Sahara and someone putting water 2 ft away from you that you can't drink. After you do this test report back on your stance.

LabRatIan

Back to top Go down

Its not my fault..im the victim of video games Empty Re: Its not my fault..im the victim of video games

Post  Admin Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:44 pm

survival instincts are different than addiction----

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 pm

addiction is real and can be documented in neurological and neurotransmitter changes within the brain...followed by real physical manifestions...you're addicted to video games and in denial- normal phase for an addict

Heavy Fucking Metal Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 am

yeah....I'd sya you can be addicted to stuff....but the article says addiction to the internet...not necessary video games. But I don't see how you can measure addicition to the internet. The internet has become part of life anymore....you need to know something...look it up. How to get somewhere...look it up.....the dark ages are over. So how does someone determine addicition to the internet.

It's like saying I'm addicted to peeing

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

it says it changes your brains nerve connections to how addictions with other activities do.

ps--im not in denial...and im not addicted--i just give excuses as to why i dont want to stop...if addiction is how many excuses you can come up with...then i guess i am addicted

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LabRatIan Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Because I recently quit tobacco and did the juicing I can tell you that they are very similar and I would guess (no evidence) that the brain associates te addicte chemical to survival. Ryan , your assumption or belief of addiction would be changed if you spoke from experience. Do drugs and get back to me

LabRatIan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

chemical addiction or not..its still will power...and the only limit to will power is your excuses

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LabRatIan Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:24 pm

That was what I said to start.

LabRatIan

Back to top Go down

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:47 pm

will power overcomes it, but the chemical reactions and physical manifestations are real

Heavy Fucking Metal Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:29 am

I agree....will power has to fight something. If there was no addiction...there'd be no need for will power.

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down