WTF People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teach your dog to fetch you beer

2 posters

Go down

Teach your dog to fetch you beer Empty Teach your dog to fetch you beer

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Courtesy of Lames Jewis. I saw video documentation of this - this is a guide for all those interested...next I want to see a pig do it...(James' brother Dan has a pet pig.)

Step 1: Opening the fridge.
- Tie a white t-shirt to the fridge handle. In the sleeve (or bottom) put a treat and tie it so it wont fall out.
- Tell your dog "Get me a beer". Your dog WILL NOT know what you want.
- Either command your dog its ok to get the treat or dangle shirt with treat aroudn to interest your dog. Continue to command your dog to get you a beer, although don't repeat it too often, and praise him for grabbing the shirt when he does. If he does grab the shirt with treat, pull on it....initiating a tug of war. At this point the dog wants the fucking treat....so he will pull. Unless your dogs a pussy, he will pull hard enough to open the fridge. When he does....do flips and cartwheels in praise of his greatness. If your dog is food driven....a simple treat will suffice with praise.
- repeat until no treat is needed in the shirt and dog will tug on shirt to open the fridge when you say "get me a beer"

Step 2: Grabbing the bottle
- Perhaps the most difficult step, you first want your dog to realize it's ok and good to grab a bottle when you want him, because chances are your dog does not find much interest in a beer bottle. (NOTE - an empty bottle may be used at first so its light enough that the dog can grab and carry with ease.)
- With the bottle, get your dog interested in it much like his other toys. Shake it around....pretend to give it to him and then whip it away....whatever gets him interested in the bottle. When your dog is interested enough...give it a small skid on the carpet and give him command like "grab it", "fetch" etc etc. If his interest is peaked he will try and get the bottle. If he grabs it and picks it up...praise him and deliver treat goodness. If not, keep repeating the get him interested step (Note - to help entice dog...put treats in empty bottle, and let him know there are treats in it. Make sure to tape off top so treats dont go flying when you roll bottle).
- This does also assume your dog has some understanding of fetch. For grabbing the bottle and running off with it is not desirable.
- Eventually, combine rolling beer...commanding "grab it", "fetch", etc....having dog grab it...and bringing it back to you. Praise + treats with each success. He's now ready for step 3

Step 3: The open fridge and grab beer step
- Place beer bottle on shelf by itself and with enough room dog can get in and grab it easily. The less difficulty in grabbing the beer the easier these steps will go.
- Standing next to the fridge, tell your dog "get me a beer". By now he should know he has to open the fridge.
- Once fridge is open tell him "grab it", "fetch" or whatever your command is. Dog may or may not be confused...so you may need to help him along. Tap the beer while saying grab it. The greater success in step 2 will determine how smoothly this goes. If hes used to grabbing the bottle, he may go right for it. Once he grabs it and brings it out of the fridge. Praise and give treats.
- As your dog starts to connect the dots of openign the fridge and grabbing the beer, you can begin combining the opening of the fridge and grabbing the beer with the "get me a beer" command, and phase out grab it or fetch.
- Repeat

Step 4: The disappearing act
- Once dog has mastered it while at the fridge. Take a few steps away and repeat step 3. The better your dog gets...the further you get from the fridge.
- Eventually, you will be in the next room, tell him "get me a beer"....and that little bastard will get it for you. Task accomplished...your dog is now cooler...and you're more refreshed for your hard work.

Heavy Fucking Metal Devin

Back to top Go down

Teach your dog to fetch you beer Empty Re: Teach your dog to fetch you beer

Post  Admin Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:44 pm

fucking epic

Admin
Admin

https://wtfp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Teach your dog to fetch you beer Empty Re: Teach your dog to fetch you beer

Post  Heavy Fucking Metal Devin Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Heavy Fucking Metal Devin