WTF People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Vow of Truth and Openness

Go down

Do you vow to participate in this forum with truthful intention and openness?

A Vow of Truth and Openness Vote_lcap100%A Vow of Truth and Openness Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
A Vow of Truth and Openness Vote_lcap0%A Vow of Truth and Openness Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

A Vow of Truth and Openness Empty A Vow of Truth and Openness

Post  Master Drifter Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:41 am

This forum has grown exponentially since we started it. In only a little over a week, there have been almost 400 posts. It's great how open and engaging everyone has been, and I think we all would agree that we should keep it this way!

Seeing as how more members are likely to join in the future, I think it's best that we stake a claim to this positive attitude and vow to uphold it. But this isn't my decision to make, so let's take a vote.

The question is of "truthful intention" and "openness." Truthful intention implies that the content you post in this forum has the intention of enlightening the rest of us. Naturally, nobody has all the answers and your opinions will no doubt change over time, but we ask that you speak with the intention of providing truth, by sharing the perspective you endorse at the time of posting. Sarcasm is welcome--it's the intention behind it that's important. Openness implies that you will not judge, punish or oust a member for their opinions, so long as they also abide by these two rules. This does not imply you must agree with the opinions of other members--indeed, debate is encouraged.

Master Drifter

Back to top Go down