WTF People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decoded - Gold Be Gone

2 posters

Go down

Decoded - Gold Be Gone Empty Decoded - Gold Be Gone

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:46 am

So not sure if anyone has seen Brad Meltzers (sp?) decoded on the history channel....but I saw an interesting episode about how the gold in Fort Knox is, and has been, long gone. Obviously if this were true....which it very possibly is...and it were proven....could be very bad news.

What do you guys think about this. Gold be there.....or gold be gone?

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Decoded - Gold Be Gone Empty Re: Decoded - Gold Be Gone

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 pm

no gold and no doubt about it-- been years of people trying to say show us...and nothing to back it up

as Ian has always said--the dollar is 99% based on what people believe its worth to be, thats the only thing keeping it at its value.

Admin
Admin

https://wtfp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:18 pm

yeah...exactly. In fact, from the facts brought forth on the episode...it seemed pretty clear that vault is empty.

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:37 pm

honestly-- i REALLY hope aliens come down and say hey wanna join us? cause that makes ALL money on Earth invalid---

they would say no bitch earthlings..we auditing your ass...if you want "space money" you gotta trade the actual resource itself

if you want to know how intelligent the South Park writers are...watch this episode..funny and relevant!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e06-pinewood-derby

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 pm

how much could a kidney get me in space money?

But yeah...do aliens have currency...or more or less a bartering system

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:23 pm

depends--unlimited resources requires no trade---the only trade value would be time...but i imagine that can be controlled on an individual level of "buy and spend"

if it is limited resources..would be interesting to see how their economy works

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:28 pm

well even if resources were unlimited, they may still need a trade system...assuming of course you have "society roles". There may be unlimited amounts of kidneys out there...but I don't want to have to go get it. My man Ochintüatuuuroiaso goes out to earth to harvest Kidneys every saturday...i'll trade him some comet ice for 3 kidneys.

i would imagine they would be more into bartering than currency...as bartering is the more honest and straightforward approach to what you need. Why waste time adding another variable into the equation. I want this..you want that..lets make a deal. If they are more advanced I would assume primitive notions of currency and "profit" may fall to the wayside.

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Use Yer Name Pass A Word Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:32 pm

actually....to take my thoughts a step further..bartering may even be a primitive thought. I would imagine the most advanced and effective alien society would likely provide fully and equally to all "citizens", and i nreturn citizens would complete their roles within the society without complaint of raises or vacation time....much like an ant colony. Army ants are perhaps the most coordinated and effective species on the planet (thats a fact...I just created it)....and the colony is divied up into roles. Thats the wya i would see an alien species working..just on a grander scale. Not to collect bread crumbs

Use Yer Name Pass A Word

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:36 pm

when resources are unlimited you no longer live to get what you want..you live to do what you want... you go where your talents are and do what you want to do---so that guy who transports your kidney may not be intelligent..or only works an hour a day..but it needs to be done to help society so that is why you do things...everyone has an understanding that what they do is what helps society..you can get whatever you want except for time limited objects--- example-- an original hand crafted sculpture---

no one cares if you are a bum...you don't hurt them... if the bum is happy being a bum then everyone is happy...if a CEO of comet ice is happy being a CEO then everyone is happy for him--- if you or society wants something, they go and do it because they want it, not to make money to survive and buy things

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum